All of our bespoke scented candles are lovingly made to provide you with hours of fragrant bliss. To keep them looking and working their best (and safest), follow our tips to enjoy a purer scent experience and maintain their high quality for longer. N.B Our candles are made with pure soy wax – soy wax candles do have less of a scent throw than candles made from paraffin but are a clean burn without any carcinogenic elements.
HOW TO BURN YOUR CANDLE
1. Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts or fans, which can cause sooting (black marks on the vessel), or rapid, uneven burning.
2. Burn regular-sized candles for one and a half to two hours at a time or until the wax has pooled to the edges. Burning for less time can cause the candle to ‘tunnel’, which leaves a build-up of wax around the vessel’s sides and can reduce the maximum burn time. Burning for longer periods (over four hours) can cause the wick to move, or slant.
3. Make sure you stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, keeping an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.
HOW TO CARE FOR WICKS
1. Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches, as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.
2. After extinguishing the flame with a snuffer, centre and straighten the wick. Burning for too long can cause the wick to move, or slant. If you see a flaming wick come close to the vessel wall, extinguish the flame and straighten the wick to prevent the vessel from cracking.
3. Long, or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking, or sooting. Trimming the wick to 5mm (when the wax has set) following every burn is the easiest way to prevent this.